Saturday, February 2, 2013

Check out "Throne of Atlantis"

If, like me, you've been less than thrilled with DC's New 52 Birds of Prey and Team 7, but you still want to get your Black Canary fix, good news!  Dinah has appeared in JUSTICE LEAGUE #16 and AQUAMAN #16 as part of the stellar "Throne of Atlantis" crossover.  Without spoiling too much, the League's starters get in more trouble than they can handle and need to bring up some of their benchwarmers.

From Justice League #16, art by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado.
Obviously, I'm a Dinah fan, and I think she deserves a seat among the world's greatest superheroes.  Even without her meta-human "canary cry", simply being one of the Top 5 greatest hand-to-hand fighters is enough to make her worthy of, at minimum, a second tier Justice League team.  But I was fine having her star in BoP and leaving it at that (if it was written better).  I didn't need to see her on the main Justice League title... until I saw the above panel.  Just a glimpse of how Ivan Reis draws Dinah has made a covetous bastard out of me.

Now I badly want to see Black Canary join the Justice League lineup so I can see more of the brilliant art team of Reis/Prado/Reis drawing Dinah!

No comments:

Post a Comment