Monday, April 29, 2013

Canary Comics for Wednesday, May 1, 2013

No issues of Birds of Prey or Team 7 this week, but Black Canary will be featured in Back Issue #64 from Twomorrow Publishing!

Cover art by Mike Grell... and everyone who drew the background covers...
The solicit from Previews reads:
Back Issue looks back at "Backup Series" of the Bronze Age! Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Metamorpho, Archie Goodwin and Walter Simonson's Manhunter, Martin Pasko and Keith Giffen's Dr. Fate, "Whatever Happened To…?", Nemesis, Rose and the Thorn, and the Seven Soldiers of Victory! Featuring the work of Cary Burkett, John Calnan, Dick Giordano, Mike Grell, Elliot S. Maggin, Dan Spiegle, and more!
On sale this Wednesday for $8.95 US.

I've never picked up one of these Back Issues… I mean, I've picked up lots of back issues--I do all the time--but I've never bought an issue of Back Issue.  This issue looks like it's worth me tracking down, though, not just for the obligatory Black Canary appearance.  Stories of Dr. Fate and Metamorpho, stories by Archie Goodwin, Marty Pasko, Walt Simonson… Sounds awesome to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment