Thursday, June 12, 2014

Black Canary by Frank Miller from ASBRBW


Someday I'll get around to reading All-Star Batman & Robin, The Boy Wonder, but not today.  I've heard awful things about how Frank Miller writes Black Canary in the series, and I can't say I'm overly fond of his artistic representation of her in this image from the variant cover to issue #3.  He captures all of what I believe are the fundamental aspects of Black Canary, but puts them through a Sin City filter that adds an unwanted degree of depression and sluttiness.

1 comment:

  1. This image is a tad slutty, I feel. Yes, Miller did write a terrible BC; his version had her adopt a cringeworthy Irish accent, all 'begorra, beogrra' and other oddities like that. He did draw a very dynamic look for her tho, and included her original domino mask, taking her back to her 'lady thief' roots.
    Avoid, though.

    ReplyDelete